Pet Specialty Referrals Service in Lexington, SC
Cherokee Trail Veterinary Hospital works closely with area veterinary specialists to bring you the highest level of care when your pets need it.
Cherokee Trail Veterinary Hospital works closely with area veterinary specialists to bring you the highest level of care when your pets need it. We refer our patients requiring specialty services to South Carolina Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Care (SCVSEC) or Columbia Veterinary Emergency Trauma and Specialty (CVETS).
When you need specialized care for complex medical conditions, we refer your pets to the board-certified team of veterinary specialists at SCVSEC or CVETS. They offer the same dedication to quality and caring touch as our own veterinarians, in a technologically advanced medical facility.
When your pet is referred for services, we are confident you will receive the latest in veterinary treatments, information about your pet’s needs, and a choice of the most effective options. SCVSEC and CVETS are open every day of the year, 24 hours a day, to deliver comprehensive care to our patients.
Advanced treatment options are available for pets diagnosed with the following:
- Oncology—The latest treatment options include chemotherapy, immunotherapy, and radiation therapy delivered by a Linear Accelerator.
- Cardiology—Diagnostic and treatment options include echocardiography, electrocardiography, in-house telemetry, at-home holter monitoring, biochemical testing, medical therapy, and minimally invasive procedures.
- Internal medicine, including gastroenterology, urology, endocrinology, ophthalmology, dermatology, and infectious diseases.
How It Works
If your pet ever needs a board-certified specialist, the referral process is simple:
- We call SCVSEC or CVETS to make the referral for you, and send over complete patient information.
- You call (803) 561-0015 for SCVSEC or (803) 995-8913 for CVETS to arrange an appointment during business hours, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- You bring your pet and any requested paperwork to SCVSEC or CVETS at your scheduled appointment time.
- The veterinarians at Cherokee Trail Veterinary Hospital communicate with these specialists throughout the treatment process and provide any follow-up visits as needed.
Below are all of the veterinary services we offer at Cherokee Trail Veterinary Hospital. If you have any questions regarding our services, please feel free to call us.